Scholarship For Pre-Law Family Advocates
While we practice in many areas of law, our greatest passion is family law. At Gillespie, Shields, Durrant & Goldfarb, our focus is providing peace of mind to families in need while strategically and passionately fighting for our clients’ best interests. We’ve proudly supported Arizona families for over 30 years and are now ready to help a future family attorney who shares our same beliefs.
Our firm now wants to help a motivated student and aspiring family advocate. That’s why the Phoenix family law attorneys of Gillespie, Shields, Durrant & Goldfarb are proud to offer a $1,000 scholarship for college-bound students or current undergrads enrolled in pre-law programs (with an interest in family law). To apply, please write a 400+ word essay answering two questions: What motivates you to become a family-supportive legal advocate and how do you envision helping families as their said advocate?
Our attorneys will collectively review all applications and select a winner who we feel best demonstrates their desire to become a legal advocate. The scholarship- $500 for the fall and spring semesters- can be applied to any school-related expenses such as tuition, books, school supplies, etc.
Please follow the detailed instructions below; there is no printed application. We will only accept applications submitted by email to [email protected].
- Currently enrolled in an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Must be a senior in high school or enrolled as an undergraduate
- Be under the age of 25 as of Jan. 15, 2018
- Be enrolled or have plans to enroll in an undergraduate pre-law program or other undergraduate program that will prepare the student academically for later admission to an accredited law school.
- Scholarship is for undergraduate studies ONLY
Please write an original 400-600 word essay on:
- How you envision helping families as a legal advocate
- Explain your motivation in becoming a family-supportive legal advocate
One winner will be awarded $1,000 total, $500 per semester, to be used towards tuition, books or other school expenses.
Submissions must be received no later than Jan. 15, 2018.
How to Submit:
Submit your essay to [email protected]. Microsoft Word is preferred. Please also include the following details:
- Your Name
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Mailing Address
- Name of college(s) or university/universities to which you are applying, or where you currently attend
- Your intended program or major
Thank you! We look forward to reading all submissions and wish you luck in your college and professional careers.