Phoenix Family Law Attorneys
The Phoenix family law lawyers at Gillespie, Shields, Durrant & Goldfarb are a family-focused team. Though we specialize in several areas of practice, our greatest passion is family law. We believe in giving families’ peace of mind no matter their situation, and we fight hard to maintain that peace. Whether you’re filing for divorce, determining custody of your children, or thinking about adopting children, our experienced attorneys are here to help you every step of the way.
Family law is a broad term which refers to several legal situations. It can encompass any of the following topics:
- Military divorce
- Child custody
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Domestic Violence/restraining orders
- Juvenile law
Within these topics, individual laws vary depending on state. Our Phoenix, AZ attorneys have 30 years of experience as family lawyers, and we fully understand the finer nuances of Arizona family law. If you are in need of an attorney for family law strategies, our Phoenix family law attorneys will fight for you with passion and grit. We take the time to listen to our clients’ needs so we can represent you effectively.
Common Family Law Attorney Concentrations
- Divorce. Legally termed a dissolution of marriage, divorces can range from simple and amicable to complex and fraught with animosity. No matter the situation, consider enlisting the help of an experienced Phoenix divorce attorney who will fight for your personal goals while maintaining civility. Arizona has various requirements for divorce filings, including residency requirements and no-fault grounds. In addition to procedural rules, there are also rules to the way your community property is divided up. Our Phoenix divorce attorneys are deeply experienced in divorce laws, so let us navigate these complicated laws for you.
- Child custody and support. One of the hardest choices to make when filing for divorce is the choice of who will have primary child custody. Arizona courts base their decision on the best interest of the child, so it is important that our attorneys are familiar with our client’s histories in order to represent the child’s best interest effectively. In addition to child custody representation, we also assist with child support representation. Arizona puts child support as a top priority in a parent’s finances and sets support based on strict guidelines. An experienced Phoenix child support attorney will determine reasonable support that is in the best interest of your child.
- Modifications. Child support and custody don’t have to be set in stone. Lives change all the time, and our clients may need to modify their divorce decrees because of a job loss, second marriage, or any other reason that like throws your way. Whether you’re looking to change your custody arrangement or enforce past due support payments, our attorneys are here to help.
- Military divorce. Military divorce follows some separate rules of its own, and it can be a complicated process. Through the Service members Civil Relief Act, our attorneys keep all options and lines of communication open between you and your spouse. With one of our attorneys being a former active Duty JAG officer, we have a breadth of experience in dealing with complicated military divorces. We will represent you effectively and help you through the process of divorcing while on duty.
Experienced Phoenix Family Law Lawyers
In addition to family law, our attorneys at Gillespie, Shields, Durrant & Goldfarb have experience across several other areas of practice. We respect our clients deeply and treat them accordingly. Our practice continually receives recognition for our services, including superb AVVO ratings and Martindale-Hubbell client recognition awards. We know that dealing with divorce or other family law matters can often be an upsetting experience. We work tirelessly to maintain peace and civility between all parties to minimize stress. We will fight vigilantly for your rights and the best interests of you and your children.